Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Love Wii Fit

We are a family that loves to play the Wii. We like the fact that it forces us to stand up and move, and we end up laughing a lot.

A couple of weeks ago we picked up Wii Fit and I must admit that I was a bit skeptical. Some of the reviews were just okay and I couldn't decide if it would be worth the money. Well, yesterday I decided that it was definitely worth it for our family.

For those who know me, winter is not my favorite time of the year. I don't like to be cold and I am not particularly fond of all of the gray, damp days we have been experiencing. So when I saw this week's forecast which call for clouds, rain, and cold all week, I knew I would have to have a plan in order to survive life with four kids in the house. The plan would include great books to read, healthy snacks (low sugar), board games, and some way to be active inside.

It was too cold for me to go in the garage to work out yesterday, so I opted for Wii Fit thinking, at the very least, it would be fun. Well, I must tell you that I liked it a lot. A few of my muscles are actually a little sore this morning and I almost broke into a small sweat. The yoga part showed that my balance wasn't too bad, the push ups and jack knife sit ups were actually challenging, the dance moves were fun and sometimes complicated, and downhill skiing was not my best sport.

My only complaint with the Wii Fit is that whenever I step onto the board it says, "Oh." Not funny. Now I am by no means skinny, but to say 'oh' every time I step on? But that's okay, it's cloudy here today again and we're expecting rain again, but this game will bring me a little sunshine this morning. Maybe I'll even figure out how to turn off the sound when I step on to the board.

Let me see if I can get on before the kids get up and laugh at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never played on it before!