Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Park Day in January

Since the beginning of the year, it's been quite cold around here. Most days have been gray and damp, something I am not a big fan of. We even had a couple of days of snow last week. But there was quite a change on Friday that called for a celebration complete with a picnic. Temperatures soared near sixty degrees (almost flip flop weather) and we headed out to the park with my sister and her kids. Sometimes she just has the best ideas.

Yes, you will see snow in some of these pictures, but we didn't mind. The temperature was really quite nice and the sunshine felt warm actually. The big kid park was still covered in snow, but the little kid park was fun anyway. My teenagers joined us and we were all glad to spend some time outside with temperatures above freezing.

Oh, and Lindsay took pictures for me. It is so nice to have my own personal photographer and end up with such great pictures. Thanks, Lindsay!




No comments: