Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful

As this Thanksgiving weekend comes to an end, I am pondering the many things I am thankful for.

Simple things - the smell of coffee in the morning and the chatter of kids.

Things I take for granted - a place to live, a car to drive, and money for groceries.

Things I should be more thankful for - a husband who never complains about what's for dinner and plays with the kids afterwards.

Things I remember - family vacations, the smell of Grandma's house, and sneaking down the hall on Christmas morning with my brother and sister.

The good times - the births of babies, summer cookouts, baseball games, piano recitals, afternoon visits with friends.

The hard times - the loss of babies, too many hours spent in hospitals, family and friends taken too soon.

The precious moments - a kiss from a toddler, football with all the kids on Thanksgiving, hot chocolate and movies, quiet moments with my husband.

Life is far from perfect, but there is much to be thankful for.

No comments: