Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gentle and Patient

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2

Today we were talking about how to do this in our family. It often seems easier to be gentle and patient with the folks outside of our home than with those we love the most and spend most of our time with. I wonder why...

After we read from Ephesians today, I was helping Alex with Algebra and became so frustrated with him (which isn't hard some days). He's like me and would much rather be outside in the sunshine than sitting inside working algebra problems. Even as my frustration grew, I could hear this verse ringing in my head and I wondered why it is difficult to be patient with those I love the most.

The good news is that having those words planted in my thoughts has made me more aware today of my shortcoming in the patient and gentle area. It has been a reminder to me how dependent I am on God's word and how it really can transform my day and my life if I will let it.


No comments: