Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Word According to Kelsey

"I am with you hallways." Matthew 28:20

No, you didn't misread it and no, it's not a typo. This is Kelsey's very first memory verse and she says it just like that. Oh, and did I mention that she says it ALL the time.

At first it was sweet that she had memorized this verse and funny that she says, 'hallways' instead of 'always.' But now she says it so much that I find myself thinking about this verse all the time.

When she first learned the verse, we talked about all the times God is with us: when we are sleeping, playing, sick, scared, birthdays, eating, lonely. And even though her two-year-old brain cannot fully process that God, who she can't see, feel, or touch, is with her always, she continues to say it over and over knowing it's a good thing.

So when life seems overwhelming, which it often does, I hear Kelsey singing, "Remember, remember, God is with you hallways."