Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Breakfast

Fall isn't my favorite time of year mostly because the arrival of fall means winter is coming and I am a spring/summer kind of chick. However, I do love the sights and smells of fall. I love the color of the leaves, mums and pumpkins, and the smell of apples baking and pumpkin desserts.

When I awoke this morning, the day was gray, the rain was falling and I thought about apple pie. Yes, apple pie. It is probably my favorite dessert. I remembered that I ran across a recipe for Mini Apple Pies on Marybeth's blog a couple of weeks ago, so I grabbed my laptop and headed off to the kitchen.

In just a bit, the house smelled like apple pie and Sunday breakfast was served!


Here's the recipe:


Mini Apple Pies

3/4 cup AP flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 can 8 refrigerated biscuits (I used Harris Teeter buttermilk)
1 can apple pie filling (again, I used Harris Teeter brand)

Mix flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together with pastry blender until crumbly and set aside.

Slice biscuits in half and press down into ungreased muffin pans.

Add a heaping tablespoon of apple pie filling on top of each biscuit. *I chopped the apples in the filling a bit before filling the biscuits. Add a heaping tablespoon of sugar cinnamon mixture on each mini pie.

Bake for 20 minutes at 350 and enjoy.

No comments: