Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A First for Lindsay

Today my firstborn began her first real job. It is official - she has entered the world of background checks and IRS forms. In fact, she entered her social security number on forms so many times yesterday that she now has it memorized.

And since she is not yet driving, it was I who rose early to drive her to her first real job. And yes, it was also I who picked her up when I received a text message alerting me that it was time. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can charge her for travel?

Don't get me wrong, I am truly glad that she has a part-time job.

I am thankful for the experience filling out forms that ask the same questions over and over.

I am thankful she will be earning enough money to pay for her car insurance.

I am thankful that she is in a good environment working with children.

And I am especially thankful she is learning the value of work, even if it's just part-time.

Guess the next step will be opening a checking account.

No comments: